All-Star Americana Tour Confirmed
Emmylou Harris, Buddy Miller, Gillian Welch, David Rawlings and Patty Griffin (who's currently featured on the cover of Paste's April/May issue) have officially confirmed their plans to tour together this August.
“We all did a date at the Ryman [in Nashville], the one where Patty’s live record came from,” said Miller. “We all love each other so much. We really enjoyed that night and decided to take it on the road.”
The group of musicians will be billed as the “Sweet Harmony Traveling Revue.” And since several band members can play multiple instruments (including bass and drums), these won’t just be a songwriters-in-the-round type of shows. The sets will be varied, featuring ensemble performances, solo numbers and plenty of instrument swapping.
Over the years, these five artists have collaborated on albums, shared the stage and covered each other's songs, but this tour marks the first time they will work together as a unit.
The Traveling Revue will visit 14 cities on its three-week run, including New York's Central Park on August 18, and will wrap up August 29 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Here’s a list of tour dates:
• Aug. 11 - Atlanta, Ga. - Chastain Park Amphitheater
• Aug. 13 - Charlotte, N.C. - Paramount's Carowinds
• Aug. 14 - Cary, N.C. - Regency Park
• Aug. 15 - Norfolk, Va. - Harborcenter
• Aug. 17 - Vienna, Va. - Wolftrap Filene Center
• Aug. 18 New York, N.Y. - Central Park
• Aug. 20 Boston, Mass. - Harborlights
• Aug. 21 Gilford, N.H. - Meadowbrook
• Aug. 22 Burlington, Vt. - Green at Shelbourne Museum
• Aug. 24 Philadelphia, Pa. - Mann Center
• Aug. 25 Cleveland, Ohio - Tower City Amphitheater
• Aug. 26 Rochester, Mich. - Meadowbrook Music Festival
• Aug. 28 Denver, Colo. - Fillmore Auditorium
• Aug. 29 Salt Lake City, Utah - Red Butte Gardens
Got news tips for Paste? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.