Paste Media Group Internships: Basic Info
[BASIC INFO] [FAQ] [APPLY NOW]
Deadline for Summer 2013 internships (May 15 - Aug. 15) is March 15, 2013.
Paste offers internships in our editorial, marketing/social media, design, and multimedia departments. Internships are offered year-round to both current students and recent graduates and run 15 weeks each, roughly corresponding with summer, fall, winter, and spring school terms.
• EDITORIAL: Interns are primarily responsible for assisting Paste’s editorial staff with the day-to-day tasks of running the website. These include writing, editing and possibly photography for the website and digital magazine, as well as administrative tasks such as assessing the CDs we receive each week and corresponding with subscribers, writers, and publicists. Basic HTML skills are a plus but not required.
• MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA: Interns work with Paste’s marketing and sales team on the day-to-day responsibilities of running a media company, including executing the marketing aspects of our online and new media initiatives. Interns assist with public relations and grassroots marketing efforts, as well as planning and publicizing events and the execution of strategic partnerships with venues and record labels.
• DESIGN: Interns are responsible for the creation of effective and impactful design for the website and other special projects. Interns primarily work closely with Paste’s marketing and business team as well as the editorial team to create infographics, content for the digital magazine, advertising materials, festival promotion and photography. This position requires proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator and Photoshop. Applicants with their own copies of the Adobe Creative Suite are preferred. Experience with illustration and web design is a plus.
• MULTIMEDIA: Multimedia Interns primarily assist with the production of audio and video content for PasteMagazine.com and Paste mPlayer, including Live From Paste sessions, takeaway shows, soundcheck performances and live interviews. Multimedia interns focusing on audio should have prior experience in either audio engineering, mixing or live sound. Multimedia interns focusing on video should have prior experience in videography, video editing or as a production assistant. Audio interns with their own copy of ProTools or Logic preferred; Video interns with a dSLR and Final Cut Pro 7 or X preferred.
In addition to specific department-related tasks, all interns assist with daily activities such as Post Office and office supply/grocery store runs, as well as maintaining general office organization and tidiness. All interns work closely with members of their respective departments and are encouraged to participate in creative collaboration with members of the staff throughout their time at Paste.
All internships are full time (30-40 hrs per week), with some part-time slots available. Start and end dates are flexible to coincide with school schedules. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation to and from the Paste office in downtown Decatur, Georgia (accessible via the Decatur and Avondale MARTA stops). Beginning with the fall 2009 term, Paste internships are unpaid.
Applications for internships are taken on a rolling basis up until the following deadlines:
• Fall 2012 (Sept-Dec): July 13, 2012
E-mailed applications must be received by 11:59 PM on the day of the deadline. Applications sent via snail mail must be postmarked by the deadline. No applications received after the deadline or postmarked after the deadline will be considered.
All applicants should submit a resume in addition to a cover letter listing previous relevant experience and addressing the following questions:
• What are your career goals?
• Why do you want to intern with Paste?
• What do you hope to get out of your internship experience?
For editorial applicants, address cover letters to Bonnie Stiernberg (Assistant Editor). Marketing/business, Sean Doyle (Marketing/Sales). Multimedia, Max Blau (Multimedia Editor). And design, Laura Medina (Graphic Designer).
Editorial applicants, please include three examples of your writing, preferably published clips. Design applicants, please include five recent examples of your print and/or graphic design work, or a link to a portfolio.
Please note: Clips should be attached as .doc, .rtf or .pdf file types. Images should be attached as .jpg or .gif file types. Links to web-based clips are accepted.
Application materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via snail mail to:
Paste Media Group
PO Box 1606
Decatur, GA 30031
Feel free to email email@example.com with any further questions not answered by the FAQs.
[BASIC INFO] [FAQ] [APPLY NOW]