On Oct. 21, Anchorless Records
will release All Aboard: A Tribute to Johnny Cash.
Profits from the album will go to the Syrentha Savio Endowment
, a non-profit providing assistance to underprivileged breast-cancer patients.
The CD's liner notes include quotes from each contributing artist expressing what Cash, both musically and personally, means to them. A full stream of the album will be available on Punk News the same day as release and a vinyl version will also be available for purchase.
The disc features debut solo peformances from Russ Rankin (Good Riddance), Joe McMahon (Smoke or Fire) and Ben Nichols of Lucero. The songs chosen from the Cash catalog range from his first ever released single ("Cry, Cry, Cry") to his last ("God's Gonna Cut You Down").
Full track listing:
1. Man in Black, The Bouncing Souls
2. Country Boy, Fallen From the Sky
3. Wreck of the Old '97, Chuck Ragan (Hot Water Music)
4. Let the Train Whistle Blow, Joe McMahon (Smoke or Fire)
5. Delia's Gone, Ben Nichols (Lucero)
6. God's Gonna Cut You Down, The Gaslight Anthem
7. Cocaine Blues, The Loved Ones
8. Give My Love to Rose, OnGuard (feat. Jason Shevchuk of Kid Dynamite)
9. I Still Miss Someone, Casey James Prestwood (Hot Rod Circuit)
10. Hey Porter, MxPx
11. Cry, Cry, Cry, The Flatliners
12. Ballad of a Teenage Queen, The Dresden Dolls (feat. Franz Nicolay of the Hold Steady)
13. Folsom Prison Blues, Chon Travis (Love=Death)
14. There You Go, Sainte Catherines
15. I Walk the Line, Russ Rankin (Good Riddance)
In other Cash news, Columbia/Legacy is releasing Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison: Legacy Edition on Oct. 14, a two-disc DVD box set to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Cash's historic performance. The set will include a new documentary film, unpublished images of Cash and new interviews with Merle Haggard, Rosanne Cash, Marty Stuart and former inmates at the concert.
News: Johnny Cash gets remixed by son and Snoop Dogg
YouTube: Johnny Cash - "Hurt"
Got a news tip for Paste? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.