Welcome to Informer:Atlanta! Each Tuesday, we bring you the very best in the coming week's music, film and culture events in and around Atlanta. Think we missed something? Wanna tip us off to something cool over the horizon? Let us know! All events are recommended, but italics indicate an editor's pick. (L) indicates local artists.
- M83, School of Seven Bells @ The Earl -- 9 p.m., $15
- An Evening with The Judies (L) @ Smith's Olde Bar -- 7 p.m., $5
- Derek Lyn Plastic (L), The N.E.C. @ Star Bar -- 9 p.m., $3
- Young Antiques, The Liverhearts (L), Vito, Mack Messiah (L), What The? @ Star Bar -- 9 p.m., FREE
- The Rescues, Kate York @ Eddie's Attic -- 8 p.m., $12 adv./$15 door
- Bukkake Boys, American Cheeseburger, Logic Problem, Vincent Black Shadow @ Drunken Unicorn -- $6 (21+), $8 (under 21)
- Right Away, Great Captain! CD release, All Get Out, The Record Kids, Damion Suomi, Oh Dorian @ Vinyl -- 8 p.m., $7 adv./$8 door
- The Selmanaires (L), Parts & Labor, Tenth To The Moon (L) @ Star Bar -- 9 p.m., $8
- The Atlanta Mess-Around: The Spits (L), The Carbonas (L), Baby Shakes (L), All Night Drug Prowling Wolves (L), The Wax Museums, Blade II @ The Earl -- 8 p.m., $12
- Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, The Felice Brothers, RIG 1 @ Variety Playhouse -- 8 p.m., $22.50 adv./$25 door
- Black Diamond Heavies, Dex Romweber Duo, Pearlene @ Star Bar -- 9 p.m., $8
- The Atlanta Mess-Around: Gentleman Jesse & His Men (L), NOBUNNY, Hex Dispensers, Cheap Time, Lover!, The Black and Whites @ Bad Earl -- 8 p.m., $12
- Yelawolf, Mach 5, Holly Weerd @ Smith's Olde Bar -- 8 p.m., $10
- The Cheeksters, Allison Weiss @ Kavarna -- 9 p.m.
- Nerd Parade, YOU Charles, Random Rabbit @ Five Spot -- 9 p.m., $8,
- The Disregardables, Jesse Nobody, That Band with the Fat Kids, 50:50 Shot @ WonderRoot -- 8 p.m.-11:30 p.m.
- Amanda Palmer (of the Dresden Dolls), The Danger Ensemble, Vermillion Lies, The Builders and the Butchers @ Variety Playhouse -- 8 p.m., $20
- Horse Feathers, Ben Trickey, Arizona @ The Earl -- 9 p.m., $8
- Kids Like Us, The Mongoloids, Furious Styles, Years Spent Cold, Thick As Blood @ Drunken Unicorn -- $12
- Film Love #64: The Golden Age: The Films of Luis Buñuel and Salvador Dalí @ Eyedrum -- 8 p.m.
- The Visual Art of Meta Gary with music by Thieves and Cassavetes @ Kavarna -- 8 p.m.
- Ni Hao, Atlanta!: opening of The First Emperor, China's Terracotta Army exhibit @ High Museum of Art -- 11:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., FREE with museum admission. Traditional Chinese dance, music and handcrafted terracotta warriors rings in the new exhibit at the High.