TVotR, The Roots, Cee-Lo, more re-imagine Nat King Cole
Recently, Pitchfork announced that Capitol/EMI and King Cole Partners & Productions are set to release a new disc of reworkings of Nat King Cole tunes by some of music's heavy hitters. And with that the tradition of tribute albums for recently deceased greats (sup, Elvis, Cash, Biggie and Waylon) continues.
The disc, entitled Re:Generations, features covers by Cee-Lo, will.i.am, Izza Kizza, Natalie Cole, the Roots, TV on the Radio and many more (check out the tentative tracklist below). The project also contains album art from multiple Los Angeles artists who drew inspiration from Cole's songs. The cover image is courtesy of Cole's eldest grandson Sage.
The disc comes out digitally, on CD, and on vinyl on March 10.
1. Lush Life [Cee-Lo]
2. Straighten Up and Fly Right [will.i.am and Natalie Cole]
3. Day In Day Out [Cut Chemist]
4. Brazilian Love Song [Michaelangelo L'Acqua and Bebel Gilberto]
5. The Game of Love [Nas and Salaam Remi]
6. Walkin' My Baby Back Home [The Roots]
7. Hit That Jive, Jack [Souldiggaz and Izza Kizza]
8. Calypso Blues [Stephen and Damian Marley]
9. More and More of Your Amour [Bitter:Sweet]
10. El Choclo [Brazilian Girls]
11. Pick-up [Just Blaze]
12. Anytime Anyday Anywhere [Amp Fiddler]
13. Nature Boy [TV on the Radio]
Blogs: The 11 best TV on the Radio songs of all time (right now)
Review: Brazilian Girls - New York City
Feature: The ?uest for a Change: On Tour with The Roots
Got news tips for Paste? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.