Indie rock's favorite Stand Ins,
Okkervil River, have found a new spot: right beside Wilco.
The Texas-based septet will join the famed alt-country rock band on its tour to promote the latter's upcoming Nonesuch release, Wilco (The Album). Okkervil River's time with Wilco will be short, as the band is only signed on for six West Coast dates, directly following this year's Bonnaroo festival, at which both groups are slated to perform. The pair will continue to tour throughout the summer, and Wilco will be joined by the likes of A Hawk and a Hacksaw, Akron/Family, Grizzly Bear and Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band.
Okkervil River tour dates with Wilco:
- Los Angeles, Calif. @ The Wiltern 26
- Saratoga, Calif. @ Mountain Winery27
- Berkeley, Calif. @ Greek Theatre28
- Stateline, Nev. @ Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena30
- Jacksonville, Ore. @ Britt Pavilion
3 - Morrison, Colo. @
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Got news tips for Paste? E-mail email@example.com.