If you're a current or former alt-rock fan somewhere in the age group of rougly 20-35, you know the music of The Cranberries
. There's even a good chance one of the following scenarios really happened to you:
1. Slow dancing to "Linger
" at some sort of school function
2. Angrily driving your 1996 Toyota sedan (or, better yet, your mom's minivan) while howling along to "Zombie
3. Wondering to yourself, sometime in the last decade, "What the hell happened to The Cranberries?"
Although your days of high-school romance with a Cranberries soundtrack are over, your fond memories don't have to be; the Irish alt-rockers up and reunited, and have just announced a 19-date tour launching Nov. 12.
While the band's reunion may seem to follow the "Everybody else is doing it, so why can't we
" mentality, what with so many defunct rock acts
giving it another go recently, singer Dolores O'Riordan told Paste
recently that she gained a lot of perspective through the "whole flippin’ journey
" of her bands rise, fall and demise. So expect an older and wiser Cranberries this time around. Riper, if you will.
- Baltimore, Md. @ Ram's Head13
- Boston, Mass. @ Orpheum14
- Hampton Beach, N.H. @ Casino Ballroom16
- Red Bank, N.J. @ Count Basie Theatre17
- Philadelphia, Pa. @ Electric Factory18
- New York, N.Y. @ Nokia Theatre20
- Toronto, Ont. @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre21
- Toronto, Ont. @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre22
- Montreal, P.Q. @ Olympia Theatre24
- Detroit, Mich. @ Fillmore25
- Chicago, Ill. @ Riviera27
- Milwaukee, Wisc. @ Riverside Theatre28
- Minneapolis, Minn. @ First Avenue29
- Kansas City, Mo. @ Midland TheatreDecember1
- Denver. Colo. @ Gothic Theatre3
- Las Vegas, Nev. @ The Pearl4
- Los Angeles, Calif. @ Club Nokia5
- San Francisco, Calif. @ Regerncy Ballroom7
- Seattle, Wash. @ Moore TheatreRelated links:
Catching Up With... The Cranberries' Dolores O'RiordanList of the Day: Band Names That Sound Too Much AlikeCranberries.com Got a news tip for Paste? E-mail email@example.com.