Update: OK, So Maybe Alec Baldwin Isn't Leaving 30 Rock in 2012 After All
Update: As it turns out, rumors of Alec Baldwin’s 30 Rock departure may be greatly exaggerated. Reps for Baldwin e-mailed celebrity gossip mogul Perez Hilton stating that the actor has “no plans to retire” and will not be leaving 30 Rock following the end of his contract in 2012.
Alina Cho’s interview with Baldwin was originally posted on Feb. 24 of this year.
We’re still serious about a Stephen Baldwin-Jane Krakowski reunion, though.
Thanks to reader Carmen Sambuco for the tip!
Guess the adage is true—misfortune always comes in threes. This is especially true when you’re NBC.
First, there was funnyman Conan O’Brien’s departure from The Tonight Show. Then, last month, Steve Carell confirmed that he was leaving his starring role on The Office.
And now, it looks like Jack Donaghy too is going the way of Michael Scott. In a February 2010 interview with CNN’s Alina Cho rebroadcast this week, Baldwin revealed that he would be leaving his role on 30 Rock once his contract expires. “As much as I like acting, I know that I would love to have a different life,” he told CNN. “A private life.”
30 Rock fans don’t have to fret quite yet, however. Baldwin’s contract isn’t up until 2012, so he’s still got some time left on the show. Examiner.com says Baldwin has been planning his departure since December 2009, which means writers will have plenty of time to give Jack the grand exit a well-coiffed executive deserves.
In the event that the world doesn’t end in 2012, maybe another Baldwin can make his mark on the show following his brother’s departure. Stephen Baldwin has already worked with 30 Rock‘s Jane Krakowski in The Flinstones: Viva Rock Vegas. You can’t fake that kind of onscreen chemistry, people.
Got news tips for Paste? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.