Danny Boyle’s latest flick, the psychological 127 Hours, boasts a veritable buffet of musical delights dotting its soundtrack including original scoring from Oscar-winning A.R. Rahman.
This doesn’t mark the inaugural creative endeavor between Rahman and 127 director and fellow Oscar-winner Boyle. Rahman helped the filmmaker build the beat-heavy backbone of urban life in Mumbai, India in 2008’s Slumdog Millionaire.
The film, which premieres in select cities Nov. 5, also boasts music from Plastic Bertrand, Free Blood, Bill Withers, Sigur Rós and Chopin. A nicely rounded out collection, huh?
Boyle’s latest movie’s plot follows the true story of mountain climber Aron Ralston (played by James Franco). He becomes lodged in a narrow canyon and spends five days stuck between the slabs of stone.
Tracklisting for 127 Hours: Music from the Motion Picture:
1. Never Hear Surf Music Again – Free Blood
2. The Canyon – A.R. Rahman
3. Liberation Begins – A.R. Rahman
4. Touch of the Sun – A.R. Rahman
5. Lovely Day – Bill Withers
6. Chopin: Nocturne No. 2 in E flat, Op. 9 No. 2
7. Ca Plane Pour Moi – Plastic Bertrand
8. Liberation In A Dream – A.R. Rahman
9. If You Love Me (Really Love Me) – Esther Phillips
10. Acid Darbari – A.R. Rahman
11. R.I.P. – A.R. Rahman
12. Liberation – A.R. Rahman
13. Festival – Sigur Ros
14. If I Rise – Dido / A.R. Rahman
The soundtrack releases Nov. 2.
Grab a buddy (always) and check out a trailer for 127 Hours below: