Venerable indie-rock imprint Misra Records has announced that it is now under the management of Misra partner and Southeast Engine drummer Leo DeLuca. In honor of the relaunch, Misra is offering its Misra Legacy Compilation Volume I, featuring songs hand-picked by members of Deer Tick, Drive By Truckers, Deerhoof and more.
This relaunch sets Misra up as an artist-run label, with its first releases of 2011 being Southeast Engine’s Canary, and The Black Swans’ Don’t Blame the Stars.
The compilation CD is available for free at MisraRecords.com. Check out the full track listing below:
1. Phosphorescent – “Joe Tex, These Taming Blues”
Chosen by John J. McCauley III of Deer Tick
2. The Mendoza Line – “Catch a Collapsing Star”
Chosen by John P. Strohm of The Lemonheads & Blake Babies
3. Destroyer – “The Bad Arts”
Chosen by Zachary Gresham of Summer Hymns
4. Sleeping States – “London Fields”
Chosen by Kevin Hendrick of Male Bonding
5. Southeast Engine – “New Growth”
Chosen by Gregory Saunier of Deerhoof
6. Great Lake Swimmers – “I Will Never See the Sun”
Chosen by Stephen M. Deusner of Pitchfork, Village Voice, Paste, etc.
7. Summer Hymns – “New Underdressment”
Chosen by Matthew LeMay of Get Him, Eat Him, Pitchfork, 33 1/3, etc.
8. Palomar – “Surprise Us”
Chosen by Charles Bissell of The Wrens
9. Hallelujah the Hills – “Blank Passports”
Chosen by Matt Besser – Founding Member of The Upright Citizens Brigade
10. Bears – “How to Live”
Chosen by Elizabeth Nelson Bracy of Bird of Youth & Collection Agency
11. The Bruces – “Fine Solutions”
Chosen by Simon Joyner
12. Theodore – “I Won’t Be a Stranger”
Chosen by Adam Remnant of Southeast Engine
13. The Black Swans – “I Forgot to Change the Windshield Wipers in My Mind”
Chosen by James Jackson Toth of Wooden Wand
14. Emily Rodgers – “Hurricane”
Chosen by Kramer of Bongwater, Ween, Butthole Surfers, etc.
15. Centro-matic – “Flashes & Cables”
Chosen by Patterson Hood of Drive By Truckers