The Week in Gaming News
Our round-up of notable news from the world of gaming for the week of February 14th, 2011.
• The guy who created the “World of StarCraft” mod of StarCraft II may be looking at job offers from Blizzard Entertainment.
• Jurassic Park is getting a videogame adaptation.
• Many SEGA Genesis games are coming to the PlayStation Network, and will be free for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
• The beautiful Dead Island trailer has created so much buzz that a film adaptation may be in the works.
And from Paste’s own news coverage:
• Tim Schafer is developing a Sesame Street game for Xbox Kinect.
• Gore Verbinski explained why the BioShock movie fell apart.
• The sequel to American McGee’s Alice got a creepy, awesome new trailer.
• Bungie is developing a first-person-shooter MMO, entitled Destiny.
• Black Swan composer Clint Mansell is creating the score to upcoming space-RPG Mass Effect 3.
• The PlayStation Phone, Xperia Play was officially announced and detailed.
And finally, Paste is proud to share a series of letters between noted critics Tom Bissell and Simon Ferrari discussing the state of videogame criticism today.
Got news tips for Paste? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.