Neil Young has unearthed a live album recorded in 1984 and 1985 during a tour with The International Harvesters. The album, titled A Treasure, features 12 tracks, five of which are previously unreleased.
The album is particularly notable for being recorded during a time when Young was touring without the support of an album or his then-record label, from whom he was facing criticism and lawsuits for exploring a more traditionally country sound.
“You can call me erratic,” Young said when asked at the time about his frequent inclination to investigate new musical terrain, “but I’ve been consistent about it, consistently erratic.”
A Treasure will be released in several formats, including standard CD, vinyl, digital download with and without videos and as a deluxe CD/Blu-ray package. The Blu-ray version will feature a curated selection of video to accompany the tracks.
The album will be available on June 14, but the limited-edition, double-disc vinyl will be released a week earlier on June 7. However, the vinyl edition will only be available through NeilYoung.WarnerReprise.com and participating Record Store Day independent music retailers.
1. Amber Jean (9/20/84) Nashville Now TV — Nashville, Tenn. *
2. Are You Ready For The Country? (9/21/84) Riverbend Music Center — Cincinnati, Ohio
3. It Might Have Been (9/25/84) Austin City Limits TV — Austin, Texas
4. Bound For Glory (9/29/84) Gilley’s Rodeo Arena — Pasadena, Texas
5. Let Your Fingers Do The Walking (10/22/84) Universal Amphit — Universal City, Calif. *
6. Flying On The Ground Is Wrong (10/26/84) Greek Theater — Berkeley, Calif.
7. Motor City (10/26/84) Greek Theater — Berkeley, Calif.
8. Soul Of A Woman (10/26/84) Greek Theater — Berkeley, Calif. *
9. Get Back To The Country (10/26/84) Greek Theater — Berkeley, Calif.
10. Southern Pacific (9/1/85) Minnesota State Fair — St. Paul, Minn.
11. Nothing Is Perfect (9/1/85) Minnesota State Fair — St. Paul, Minn. *
12. Grey Riders (9/10/85) Pier 84 — New York City, N.Y. *
- * Previously Unreleased