Sony Announces PSN "Welcome Back" Incentives
After the initial fallout from the PlayStation Network fiasco, Sony promised its users a number of “welcome back” incentives as an apology once the service was back up and running. Over the weekend, service was finally restored to the PSN, and now Sony has announced the gifts players will receive.
Officially named the PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customer Appreciation Program, the incentives include a handful of free games as well as free access to various services.
PlayStation 3 users will be able to choose two of the following games. The games will be available for download for 30 days shortly after the PlayStation Store is restored. Once downloaded, they may be kept forever. The available games differ slightly depending on the user’s region, but for North America are as follows:
• Dead Nation
• Super Stardust HD
• Wipeout HD + Fury
The deal is the same for PSP users, able to choose two of the following games:
• LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
• ModNation Racers
• Pursuit Force
• Killzone Liberation
In addition, Sony is offering the following other incentives:
• A selection of “On Us” rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
• 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
• Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
• Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
• Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
• To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.
For more information, and to check out the rewards for other regions, check out the PlayStation Blog.
Got news tips for Paste? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.