The Week in Gaming News
Our round-up of notable news from the world of gaming for the week of July 25, 2011.
• Brink’s first round of DLC, Agents of Change, launches Aug. 3, and will be free for the first two weeks.
• Netflix has announced that more than half of its users connect to the streaming service through game consoles.
• Super Mario and Mario Kart’s 3DS titles are now known as Super Mario 3DS Land and Mario Kart 7, and will be launching in November and December, respectively.
• The Humble Indie Bundle 3 has launched, letting gamers pay what they want for titles including Cogs, And Yet It Movies and more.
• Rock Band has hit 3,000 tracks, and to celebrate, Harmonix is giving away 3,000 songs to the players.
• BioWare is letting players choose the face of the new default female Commander Shepard for Mass Effect 3, or Femshep as we affectionately refer to her, through a contest on Facebook.
• Heroes of Newerth, a DotA style PC game, has switched to a free-to-play model.
And from Paste’s own news coverage:
• Check out our review of Bastion for the Xbox Live Arcade.
Got news tips for Paste? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.