Paste Is Hiring a Rails Developer
Paste Magazine is looking for a talented engineer to develop and maintain applications and systems for PasteMagazine.com and Paste’s mPlayer web application, among other services. Sysadmin and backend development skills are paramount. Paste serves two-million unique visitors each month and is one of the leading entertainment websites in the country. The Paste office is fun, casual and filled with music. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, comfortable working as the primary technical person on the team, and able to work across the entire technology stack in a fluid environment.
• 2+ years Ruby on Rails development experience for large-scale websites
• Strong Linux Sysadmin skills (experience managing LVM, DNS, Apache, MySql, Memcache, etc.)
• 2+ years managing MySQL (or similar) instances; basic SQL knowledge
• Experience with JSON, XML and web services
• Experience optimizing websites (backend and frontend; for server response time and client download and rendering time)
• Ability to document requirements and specifications
• Experience working with remote development teams
• Experience with both Rails 2.3.x and 3.x, as well as Passenger and Unicorn
• Knowledge of good SEO practices
• Experience with ad server configuration and trafficking
• Experience with Amazon S3, SES and other services
• Experience with SVN
For the right candidate we offer:
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• 401(k) plan with company matching, after one year
• Pre-tax transit program
Do not apply if you do not meet all requirements noted above. Submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume in PDF format to: email@example.com.
Got news tips for Paste? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.