Smithsonian Folkways to Release Live Pete Seeger Concert from 1960
Less than a month before his 93rd birthday, Smithsonian Folkways will release a classic recording of Pete Seeger performing at Maine’s Bowdoin College. The album, entitled The Complete Bowdoin College Concert 1960, will be available on April 17.
The live album features a whopping 35 tracks and including two songs-“Al Smith Holds the Bottle” and “I Had A Dream”-previously unavailable on other Seeger recordings.
Check out the complete tracklisting and take a listen to “Penny’s Farm” and “Hieland Laddie” below.
1. Goofing Off Suite-Opening Theme
2. Penny’s Farm
3. He Lies in the American Land
4. Deep Blue Sea
5. Hieland Laddie
6. Oh, Riley
7. Banjo Medley: Cripple Creek/Old Joe Clark/Old Dan Tucker
9. D-Day Dodgers
10. Quiz Show
11. Al Smith Holds the Bottle
12. What a Friend We Have in Congress
13. Living in the Country
14. Water Is Wide
15. Bells of Rhymney
16. Goodnight Irene
18. Big Rock Candy Mountain
19. I Had a Dream
20. Oh, What a Beautiful City
21. In the Sweet Bye and Bye/Preacher and the Slave
22. Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream
23. Medley: Colorado Trail/Spanish Is the Loving Tongue/From Here on Up/Texas Girls/We Pity Our Bosses Five/The Scabs Crawl In/Swarthmore Girls
24. Open the Door Softly/Road to Athay/Why Do Scotsmen?
25. Hold Up Your Petticoat/Where Have All the Flowers Gone?/Step By Step/Joe Hill’s Last Will
26. Vive La Quince Brigada
29. Michael, Row the Boat Ashore
31. Bourgeois Blues
32. Black Girl/Kisses Sweeter Than Wine
33. Tzena, Tzena, Tzena
34. Worried Man Blues
Got news tips for Paste? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.