The Week in Gaming News
Our round-up of notable news from the world of gaming for the week of March 26, 2012.
• ThinkGeek’s April Fools offerings are awesome as ever, this year featuring a Skyrim electronic hoodie and Minecraft marshmallow “Creeps.”
• Thatgamecompany’s Journey has become the fastest selling PSN title ever.
• Digital delivery service GOG.com has expanded its game selection to now include some new releases.
• Details have emerged about Phantasy Star Online 2, including that it will follow a free-to-play model and iOS and Android versions are under development.
• A slew of rumors have emerged regarding the existence and specifications of the PS3’s successor.
• Rumors suggest that a stripped-down Xbox is planned for a 2013 release.
• The newest version of Angry Birds has some incredible numbers to boast: more than 10 million downloads in three days.
• A mass of GTA V information has leaked by way of a former Rockstar employee.
And from Paste’s own gaming coverage:
• Check out our reviews of Kid Icarus: Uprising and Yakuza: Dead Souls.
• And finally, Brian Taylor wrote about the Game Developers Conference for this week’s mPlayer.
Got news tips for Paste? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.