Florence + The Machine to Take Year-Long Hiatus
Florence + the Machine frontwoman Florence Welch has told the U.K.‘s Sunday Times’ Style Magazine that she will be taking a year off from music.
“There’s a big ‘take a year off’ plan,” Welch said. “The record company have put no pressure on me for the next album. They’ve said I can have as long as I want.”
The expected hiatus might be due in part to a vocal injury Welch suffered earlier this year, causing her to cancel a number of shows. Florence + The Machine has spent 2012 touring in support of their acclaimed 2011 sophomore release, Ceremonials. Their debut, Lungs, was released in 2009.
Got news tips for Paste? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.