Death Cab for Cutie's Barsuk Years to be Released in Limited Edition Vinyl Collection
Fifteen-hundred fans who need to get so much closer to Death Cab for Cutie will finally be able to with this limited edition remastered collection of albums from their Barsuk years. The sets, individually numbered and signed by Ben Gibbard and company, will include some recordings on vinyl for the very first time.
The collection starts with 1997’s You Can Play These Songs With Chords and goes through 2003’s commercial breakthrough Transatlanticism. Chords, The Stability EP and The Death Cab for Cutie Forbidden Love EP have never before been available on vinyl. The records have been remastered by Roger Seibel at SAE and each one is packaged individually in its own jacket with original album artwork.
Fans can preorder the collection here. It will be released Jan. 7, 2013. Check below for a complete list of the contents.
Box Set Includes
- You Can Play These Songs With Cords (33 rpm; vinyl exclusive to this box set – jacket features original cassette artwork)
- Something About Airplanes (33 rpm; die-cut jacket and layered vellum insert)
- We Have the Facts and We’re Voting Yes (33 rpm; die-cut jacket)
- The Death Cab for Cutie Forbidden Love EP (45 rpm; vinyl exclusive to this box set)
- The Photo Album (33 rpm; includes original full-size photo inserts)
- The Stability EP (45 rpm; vinyl exclusive to this box set)
- Transatlanticism (45 rpm double-vinyl with full-size 12-page book insert)
- Numbered cloth-bound box, individually signed by the band
Got news tips for Paste? Email email@example.com.