Alabama Shakes, Adele Lead Coalition of Independent Music Stores' Best-Sellers List
The Coalition of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) has released its year-end best sellers list, and a lot of the names that were being thrown around in various “Best of” columns are in the mix here as well. The list of sales is a decent gauge of what’s selling in indie stores rather than iTunes or large chain retailers.
Indie breakout acts Alabama Shakes and The Lumineers both cracked the top five (coming in at No. 1 and No. 4 respectively), while The Black Keys, Jack White, The Shins and Of Monsters and Men all managed into the top 20. Some classic acts proved formidable, as Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Bruce Springsteen and Neil Young & Crazy Horse outsold many rising stars including Frank Ocean (who comes in at 21). Check out 2012’s Top 20 sales chart below.
CIMS is made up of 59 stores in 21 states. The organization is known for its work with labels to coordinate promotional efforts at indie stores throughout the nation.
CIMS’ Best Sellers of 2012
1. Alabama Shakes – Boys & Girls
2. Adele – 21
3. The Black Keys – El Camino
4. The Lumineers – The Lumineers
5. Jack White – Blunderbuss
6. The Shins – Port of Morrow
7. Bonnie Raitt – Slipstream
8. Bob Dylan – Tempest
9. Gotye – Making Mirrors
10. Leonard Cohen – Old Ideas
11. Trampled by Turtles – Stars & Satellites
12. Tedeschi Trucks Band – Everybody’s Talkin’
13. John Mayer – Born & Raised
14. Of Monsters & Men – My Head is an Animal
15. Brandi Carlile – Bear Creek
16. fun. – Some Nights
17. Lana Del Rey – Born to Die
18. Bruce Springsteen – Wrecking Ball
19. Neil Young & Crazy Horse – Psychedelic Pill
20. Beach House – Bloom
Got news tips for Paste? Email email@example.com.