Second Examination Confirms Amy Winehouse Died of Alcohol Poisoning

Music  |  News
Text
Second Examination Confirms Amy Winehouse Died of Alcohol Poisoning

Upon examination by a second coroner, singer Amy Winehouse’s cause of death was ruled as an accidental alcohol poisoning, according to The Guardian.

Dr. Shirley Radcliffe completed the second inquest on Tuesday and confirmed the original ruling.

A second look was requested after it came to light that Suzanne Greenaway, the first coroner assigned to examine Winehouse, lacked the required qualifications for the job and had been appointed to the position by her husband.

Greenaway resigned a month after her ruling on Winehouse’s death.

Both examinations found that Winehouse had 416 milligrams of alcohol per deciliter in her blood. 350 milligrams is considered lethal.

Winehouse’s body was found in her London apartment by paramedics and Winehouse’s bodyguard, Andrew Morris on July 23, 2011. She was 27 years old.

Sign up for the Paste newsletter Get our daily summary of the day's top articles and new items. Sign Up Thank you! Your email address has been added to our list. You will begin receiving our newsletter within 48 hours.

Paste Magazine example 1 Paste Magazine example 2 Paste Magazine example 3