Movies  |  News

George Lucas' Interview Slip Adds New Hope to Hamill, Ford, Fisher's Star Wars Return

March 7, 2013  |  11:20am
George Lucas' Interview Slip Adds New Hope to Hamill, Ford, Fisher's <i>Star Wars</i> Return

Okay, now this is just getting ridiculous.

The past few weeks has seen endless speculation regarding whether the original Star Wars cast would be popping up in the newest installment. Yesterday, Carrie Fisher seemed to outright confirm her involvement before her rep quickly dismissed the statement as a joke.

Well, now we appear to have a statement straight from the horse’s mouth. A by horse, we mean series creator George Lucas.

According to an article in Vulture, Lucas confirmed in an interview with Bloomberg Businessweek that Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are very likely to make appearances in the new J.J. Abrams-directed film.

“We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison — or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation,” he said.

Lucas, however, seems to realize that he may have seriously let the cat out of the bag.

“Maybe I’m not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them,” he said, before adding, “I won’t say whether the negotiations were successful or not.”

So, in the wake of this statement, who’s up for putting an end to all this speculation and simply assuming that the three will be in the movie? There’s only so much yanking about one fan base can take.

comments powered by Disqus
Related
Load More