Nashville and Austin are home to two of the most fruitful and tightly knit music communities in the country, and both have suffered the wrath of devastating natural disasters in recent years. Flooding in 2010 ravaged much of Nashville, and last year’s wildfires in central and eastern Texas affected the livelihood of several musicians living in the greater Austin area.
With those affected in mind, Fiesta Red Records’ Rob Seidenberg and executive producer Gary Burnette have teamed up to release Lowe Country: The Songs of Nick Lowe. The album’s proceeds will benefit both the Nashville Rising Fund and the Central Texas Wildfire Fund.
“At the heart of the album is country music, which calls Nashville home,” said Seidenberg. “But many of the innovative, left-of-center interpretations of the album’s tunes are linked to the outlaw country tradition, which thrives in Austin. It’s a place where artists blend their country music with other American popular music forms such as rock & roll. And it’s exactly the kind of approach that Nick Lowe has taken for the past four decades.”
The album, as the titled implies, is a tribute to British singer/songwriter Nick Lowe. Covering Lowe’s songs are artists such as Chatham County Line, Caitlin Rose, Robert Ellis, JEFF the Brotherhood and more.
Below, you can check out the album’s tracklist and, more importantly, stream the entire thing.
Lowe Country: The Songs of Nick Lowe Tracklist
1. Lately I’ve Let Things Slide – Caitlin Rose
2. Don’t Lose Your Grip On Love – The Parson Red Heads
3. All Men Are Liars – Robert Ellis
4. I Love The Sound Of Breaking Glass – Amanda Shires
5. Marie Provost – JEFF the Brotherhood
6. Hayes Carll – I’m Gonna Start Living Again If It Kills Me
7. Lover Don’t Go – Erin Enderlin
8. When I Write The Book – The Unsinkable Boxer
9. You Make Me – Colin Gilmore
10. Heart Of The City – Chatham County Line
11. What’s Shakin’ On The Hill – Lori McKenna
12. Crackin’ Up – Griffin House
13. Where Is My Everything – Ron Sexsmith