Seven Style Songs to Help You Get Dressed
In honor of Paste’s
new Lifestyle section (look for its debut in the Dec/Jan issue), let’s put
together an outfit using seven of the best songs about fashion.
Start with the main attraction: a pretty dress. Pick a black one that gets you lots of compliments.
1.Sufjan Stevens “That Dress Looks Nice On You"
Ryan Adams will help choose the right jewelry. Can’t forget your wedding ring, and for a classic look, wear pearls with your black dress.
2. Whiskeytown “Pawn Shop Ain’t No Place For A Wedding Ring”
3. Ryan Adams “Pearls On A String”
It’s getting cold out there, so bundle up in vintage winter wear.
4. Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins “Rabbit Fur Coat”
5. The National “Green Gloves”
And you’re already wearing fur, so may as well take the animal theme to the extreme!
6. Bob Dylan “Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat”
Grab your shoes on the way out the door. Burgundy is festive for the season, and it’ll look great with your hat.
7. Patty Griffin “Burgundy Shoes”
What are your favorite style songs? Can you make an outfit out of them?