Top Ten Father/Daughter Songs
Last week, you guys helped me narrow down my first-dance song choices (haven’t made a decision yet, but we love all the suggestions). This week, I present my father/daughter song picks. Every time I turn on the radio I hear another cheesy country song that would work—Tim McGraw 's “My Little Girl”, Trace Adkins' “Then They Do,” Gary Allan's “Tough Little Boys,” Heartland's “I Loved Her First,” you name it. But I inherited my love for country-pop from my mom and not my dad, so the twang isn't gonna fly.
Here are my top ten—you can listen below. Too sappy? Too literal? Any other suggestions?
1. Tom Petty “Wildflowers”
2. Paul Simon “Father and Daughter”
3. Hem “The Part Where You Let Go”
4. Wilco “My Darling”
5. Bruce Springsteen “When You Need Me”
6. Bob Dylan “Forever Young”
7. Neil young “Long May You Run”
8. Loudon Wainwright III “Daughter”
9. Loretta Lynn "They Don’t Make ‘Em Like My Daddy Anymore"
10. Allman Brothers “Soulshine”