The 20 Best Movie Scenes of the Decade (2000-2009)
Page 4 of 4
5. There Will Be Blood (“I drink your milkshake”)—Oh, look who it is again! Gee, this guy can act.
4. Capote (holding court)—Sadly, the scene we want to show you isn’t available on YouTube. But if you remember the movie—or you’re just now getting around to renting it—it’s the one where ol’ Truman delivers an elegant little speech about how he’s reinventing the entire form of the novel.
3. The Dark Knight (The Joker makes a pencil disappear)—A riveting introduction to a spellbinding villain. Heath Ledger’s jangly performance in this scene alone deserved the Academy Award.
2. Talladega Nights (grace)—Just about the most perfectly written, perfectly delivered comedic scene you could ever hope to see, complete with corporate sponsorship and tiny baby Jesus.
1. No Country For Old Men (coin toss at the gas station)—A chilling moment, played out to agonizing lengths, as one helpless man stares into the face of fate.