The Most Preposterous Snoop Dogg Headlines
Yesterday, a hilarious e-mail arrived in my inbox. The subject heading: “Snoop Dogg & Stormtroopers Invade the Streets of NYC to Launch the Adidas Originals X Star Wars Collection.”
It is always good to see Tha Doggfather getting work. I like to imagine him in a full-length fur coat, parading through Manhattan while flanked by Stormtroopers, to promote a shoe. According various press releases I’ve received over the years, the rapper and youth football coach spends his time in other interesting ways:
Subject heading: Snoop Dogg and Tommy the Clown Form Foundation to Help At-Risk Youth!
Subject heading: Priority Records Celebrates 25th Anniversary in 2010 with Creative Chairman Snoop Dogg at the Helm
Philanthropist! Creative Chairman! The man does it all. In fact, he stays so busy in so many ludicrous ways, it’s almost impossible to separate truth from fiction. Here are 10 headlines we found on the Internet. Five are real, five are fake. See if you can tell ’em apart.
1. Snoop Dogg Visits The Dalai Lama
2. Snoop Dogg Loves Gorging on Indian Food
3. Snoop or Salad: Doggy Dogg Opens Restaurant
4. Mazel Dogg! Snoop Plays Long Beach Bar Mitzvah
5. Snoop Dogg Reckons He’s More Famous Than Tom Cruise
6. Rapper’s Hybrid Has Hydraulic Shocks
7. Snoop To Larry King: ’I’m On Medical Marijuana As We Speak’
8. Snoop Dogg Portrays Stoner On Law And Order: SVU
9. Snoop Dogg Pranks People As Dope Parking Lot Attendant On New CBS Show ‘I Get That A Lot’
10. Comedy Central’s Fall Lineup to Include Animated Snoop Dogg