Springfield Style: 24 Simpsons-Inspired Etsy Finds
Though the quality of the show itself has waxed and waned, the cast of The Simpsons has been wearing basically the same duds for nigh on twenty years now. They’re products of the late 80s, but look less like cartoons than many real folks who dressed themselves during the same era. Given how well the Springfield citizens’ looks have held up over time, why not take a page from their style book? We scoured Etsy’s handmade and vintage listings to find real-life versions of our favorite characters’ most iconic outfits, accessories and accouterments, so crack open a can of Duff and peruse the list and photo gallery below.
• Principal Skinner’s not-quite-authoritarian pink neck-tie (rabbitstop, $17.95).
• Patty and Selma’s ashtrays (judstrashntreasure, $12.99). Not on the show, true, but you have to admit—the resemblance is uncanny.
• Moe’s much-used red telephone (pearlsvintage, $68.00).
• Homer’s one true love, a giant, pink-frosted donut with sprinkles (darcyarts, $33.00).
• Apu’s practical green cardigan (HackwithDesign, $44).
• Barney’s beloved beer mugs (Atimelesstouch, $15.00).