Our favorite festive bits of whatever.
1. Josh Jackson, Editor In Chief - GiftCardGiver.com
That $20 Best Buy gift card might be better than an ugly sweater, but
what to do with the $3.96 left after buying the Across the Universe
soundtrack? Mail it to Gift Card Giver and they’ll donate 100% of the
remainder to charities like Habitat For Humanity.
2. Bill Elek, Events Manager - My mom’s lasagna
The recipe for this 15-lb. behemoth is kept under lock and key—we did
list the ingredients on our website, but you’ll have to figure out the
proportions and preparations yourself.
3. Nick Purdy, Publisher - Paste’s Holiday Playlist
From Dec. 1 through Christmas Day, we’re sharing holiday classics, new and old, by Sufjan Stevens, Mindy Smith, Brian Wilson, Aimee Mann and more.
4. Brooke Hatfield, Contributing Writer - Eggnog pie
I like my eggnog pie the way I like my men: Sweet, thick and only around once a year.
5. José & Nikolle Reyes, Metaleap Design - It’s a Wonderful Life
José saw it for the first time a few years ago, we both cried, and now—like everyone else—we watch it every year. (For more of Paste's favorite holiday movies, peruse the list.)
6. Rachael Maddux, Assistant Editor - Outlandish decorations at Ron and Judy McGill’s house in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Forget that open fire: You can roast chestnuts on the glow emanating
from my hometown's most, um, impressive display of holiday cheer.
7. Steve LaBate, Associate Editor - The Gonzo Tapes: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
A perfect stocking stuffer for Thompson aficionados, this set unearths
the writer’s audio notes from Hell’s Angels, Fear And Loathing In Las
Vegas and more. Not traditional holiday fare, but it sure beats 'Twas
the Night Before Christmas.