Your bedroom is your most personal space, but, sometimes, the updating or decorating of it can be neglected in lieu of rooms we entertain guests in. With spring on the horizon, it’s the perfect time for a revamp. And, with all the time we spend catching those z’s, the bedroom is first up.
Whether your bedroom walls reflect questionable college design decisions (that excessive photo collage tacked up over your dresser), or you’re just itching for a change, we’ve rounded up 25 items that put sophisticated self expression at the forefront.
To get your wheels turning, we’ve created a list of some essential bedroom décor boosters for your inspiration to transform or update your space. Remember, take your time getting inspired—this doesn’t have to happen, ahem, over night. So, kick back, relax and take a look in the gallery above. Before you do, though, check out these helpful tips when it comes to revamping your room:
1. Choose a theme and stick to it.
2. De-clutter as much as possible and hide anything in baskets or drawers when possible.
3. Choose stylish but soothing lighting.
4. Plants in the bedroom adds oxygen and purifies the air.
5. Candles are perfect for relaxing and setting the mood.
6. Mix and match patterns. The trick? Choose one busy pattern and one subtle pattern. For example, the rug (a subtle pattern) and the blue checked bedspread (a busier pattern) above create a great pair.