The News Editor will be responsible for maintaining news coverage across all of Paste’s entertainment and culture sections, as well as oversee the internship program and social media accounts. This position is full-time, based in Paste’s Decatur, Ga., office.
• Assigning and editing news articles
• Managing/training/teaching a team of editorial interns
• Managing Paste’s Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Editing our daily email newsletter
• Writing for various sections of PasteMagazine.com
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• 2 to 3 years knowledge in an editing role (preferably at an entertainment publication)
• Deep knowledge of the areas of entertainment and culture that Paste covers
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Experience in web, interactive
• Experience with social media
• Strong knowledge of grammar and AP Style
• Excellent communication skills
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and three examples of your writing to email@example.com.