Warm weather means it’s time to grill and drink beer while doing so. It’s also the perfect time to grill with beer. One of the easiest foods to make with beer, is beer brats. They’re simple, don’t take a ton of time, and are oh-so-delicious.
I recommend doing this with your favorite brown ale; for me, the brown ale adds just the right flavor to the meat. Stouts are also a good choice. I’d stay away from exceptionally hoppy brews especially since those tend to get too bitter when you cook with them. However, at the end of the day these are your brats, so make ‘em how you like ‘em.
A pack of brats
1/2 Stick of Butter
1. Cut up the onion and put it in a medium-sized pot with the butter.
2. Cook the onions down a bit until they start to brown, and then add your brats as well as enough beer to submerge them completely.
3. Bring the mixture up to a boil, and then reduce it to a medium heat until the brats are cooked.
4. Put the cooked brats on the grill for 2-4 minutes, until brown.
5. Enjoy! I’d also recommend digging out those beer onions from your pot, drying them off, and putting them on your finished brats.