Reaching 10 years for any kind of anniversary is a huge milestone—that’s why Tegan and Sara are going all out to commemorate this year’s birthday (July 24) for their 2007 breakthrough record, The Con. The twins previously announced that they would embark on an intimate, acoustic tour of the album this fall, and now, they have revealed the tracklist for their second celebratory project: a reissue of the album featuring covers of each song by other artists.
The contributors list is one for the books. The duo enlisted the likes of CHVRCHES, Paramore’s Hayley Williams, Ryan Adams, Trashique (a collaboration between Grimes and Hana), Cyndi Lauper and more to take on their renditions of a Tegan and Sara original.
The proceeds of the record will go toward their recently launched charity Tegan and Sara Foundation, which supports self-identified females in the LGBTQ community. “With that intention set, we asked 14 artists who were either outspoken allies of the LGTBQ community or LGBTQ themselves to each cover a song from The Con,” the duo explained in a statement. “We encouraged each artist to approach the song they were covering in any fashion they saw fit.”
The Con X: Covers will be out digitally Oct. 20, with a vinyl release on Dec. 22. Preorders will begin Sept. 19. Check out the tracklist for the album below, and see the dates for The Con X: Tour here.
The Con X: Covers Tracklist:
01. Ruth B. – I Was Married
02. MUNA – Relief Next to Me
03. Shura – The Con
04. Mykki Blanco – Knife Going In
05. PVRIS – Are You Ten Years Ago
06. Ryan Adams – Back in Your Head
07. City and Colour – Hop a Plane
08. Kelly Lee Owens – Soil, Soil
09. Bleachers – Burn Your Life Down
10. Hayley Williams of Paramore – Nineteen
11. Sara Bareilles – Floorplan
12. Shamir – Like O, Like H
13. Trashique (GRIMES X HANA) – Dark Come Soon
14. CHVRCHES – Call it Off
15. Cyndi Lauper – “Bak in Your Head” (Digital Bonus Track)
16. Bleached – “Second” (Digital Bonus Track)
17. Vivek Shraya – “I Take All the Blame” (Digital Bonus Track)
18. Tegan and Sara – “Miami Still” (Digital Bonus Track)