Today, Neil Young has revealed the details of the original soundtrack for Netflix’s forthcoming film Paradox, both of which will be released on March 23.
The album will be available on the film’s release date, both digitally and on double vinyl, and it will be released on CD on April 20. The soundtrack features music from Young, his backing band, Promise Of The Real, and an orchestra recorded on the MGM Soundstage. Young is backed by musicians Jim Keltner, Paul Bushnell and Joe Yankee. The album was recorded spontaneously and largely without the use of overdubs.
The film will premiere on Netflix after it was announced earlier this month that Netflix acquired the worldwide rights to the film. The film is a collaboration between Young and his girlfriend, actress Darryl Hannah, who wrote and directed it. Paradox was described as a “far-fetched, whimsical western tale of music and love.”
Young recently announced the release a new live album, Roxy – Tonight’s The Night Live, for Record Store Day on April 21. It will feature music from his show at Los Angeles’ Roxy Theatre in 1973. The standard vinyl, CD and digital version of the album will be out on April 24. Check out all the upcoming Record Store Day releases here.
Young recently revealed a new video for “Almost Always,” from his 2017 album with Promise Of The Real, The Visitor.
Check out the Paradox album artwork and tracklist below, beneath a 1998 Young performance from the Paste Cloud. You can preorder the Paradox soundtrack here.
01. Many Moons Ago In The Future (Narration by Willie Nelson)
02. Show Me
03. Paradox Passage 1
05. Paradox Passage 2
06. Diggin’ In The Dirt – Chorus (written by Neil Young, Lukas Nelson & Micah Nelson)
07. Paradox Passage 3
08. Peace Trail (Engineered and Mixed by Tim Mulligan and Dave Lohr)
01. Pocahontas (Engineered and Mixed by Tim Mulligan and Dave Lohr)
02. Cowgirl Jam ((Engineered and Mixed by Tim Mulligan and Dave Lohr)
03. Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground (written by Willie Nelson)
01. Paradox Passage 4
02. Diggin’ In The Dirt (written by Neil Young, Lukas Nelson & Micah Nelson)
03. Paradox Passage 5
04. Running To The Silver Eagle (written by Neil Young + POTR)
05. Baby What You Want Me To Do? (written by Jimmy Reed)
06. Paradox Passage 6
08. How Long? (written by Huddle Ledbetter)
09. Happy Together (written by Garry Bonner & Alan Lee Gordon)
10. Tumbleweed (produced by the Volume Dealers. Engineered and mixed by Al Schmitt)