Bravo’s Top Chef Mastersdebuted last night—it’s like a supercharged version of Top
Chef, and the contestants are
world-renowned cooks instead of up-and-comers. Even the judges are impressive
(two words: Gael Greene). If you didn’t catch the premiere, then watch the
rerun before next week’s episode, which airs Wednesday at 10pm. Ten reasons to
check it out:
1. They let Junior Girl Scouts judge the first challenge.
2. Sorry Padma, but the host Kelly Choi probably doesn’t say
things like “It’s pedeeeestrian at beeeest.”
3. Hubert Keller trained the White House staff on healthy
cooking. That’s so cool! Plus he’s a DJ, and he has an awesome French accent,
and he chilled pasta in the shower.
4. You can play this fun product-placement drinking game I
invented: Every time you see the Glad logo, you take a shot out of a Glad bag.
You’ll be wasted by 10:30.
5. The chefs are competing for a $100,000 donation to their
favorite charity. My man Hubert chose the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
6. It’s an excuse to say amuse bouche.
7. Gael Greene is going to wear some pretty extraordinary
outfits this season—see above image for a small taste of what’s in store.
8. Betters and gamblers will love the face-off format and
9. Zooey Deschanel and Doogie Howser, I mean Neil Patrick
Harris, will be guest judges this season.
10. None of the chefs knows how to use a MICROWAVE. How