15. Sarah Michelle Gellar in Stone Temple Pilot’s “Sour Girl”
Teletubbies, a gyrating Scott Weiland and Sarah Michelle Gellar? This is like a bad acid trip while watching kids’ cartoons. Weiland is pining for Gellar who (spoiler alert) dies at the end. The Teletubby creatures turn into vampires and demons and lead Scott away—oh, it’s all making sense now. Way to work the Buffy angle.—Sean Doyle
14. Kim Basinger in Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers’ “Mary Jane’s Last Dance”
She’s dead in the video, so Petty’s infatuation is pretty creepy, but Petty can pull off creepy pretty well. And Basinger is still gorgeous dead.
13. Juliette Lewis in Melissa Etheridge’s “Come To My Window”
Pacing her cell-like room, a manic/depressive Lewis in black and white is the embodiment of Etheridge’s roaring angst.
12. Beck Hansen in The White Stripes’ “The Hardest Button To Button”
About two and a half minutes into this Michel Gondry-directed video, Beck walks up and presents Jack White a “…box with something in it.” Beck is dressed the same as he was in his video for “Deadwieght,” which Gondry also directed. It only takes up a few seconds of this three-minute vacation into Gondrys augmented reality, but the appearance is like its own little gift.—Sean Doyle
11. Sasha Baren Cohen (as Ali G) in Madonna’s “Music”
If anything Cohen is underused in Madonna’s dance-party makeover until he interrupts her cartoon fantasy for a little terrible rapping. He’s still the best thing about this Jonas Ackerlund-directed video, though.
Watch on YouTube.