Neko Case is the Man, and there are so many reasons why that we just had to make a list about her. In celebration of her spectacular sixth LP, The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You (out this week via Anti-), here’s a list of Lady Case’s most magical, knee-slapping moments.
5. “I wish I had a tremolo…[bangs table] I want a tremolo!”
—Case to New York Times contributor Daniel Menaker, February 2009.
We got you, girl.
4. “I was surprised when you called me a lady / Cause I’m still not so sure that’s what I wanna be / Cause I remember the 80s…and I remember its puffy sleeves”
—The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You, 2013.
We all do Neko, we all do. #Regret #OnlyPrincessDiCouldRockIt
3. “I feel like I’m at my cotillion where my rich father is auctioning me off! So rich…so old, who wants some’a this?!”
—Case at First City Festival, August 25, 2013.
2. “Tour starts now. I shit thyself.”
—@NekoCase on Twitter, September 1, 2013.
1. “Let’s not hash it out and make it firewoman or fireperson. Is a lioness not a lion, motherfucker?”
—Case, rollingstone.com, August 30, 2013.
Source: National Geographic