In today’s “Oh god, just hurry up and get here already” news for Rick and Morty fans salivating over the prospect of season 3 finally beginning to air on Adult Swim at the end of July, we have an epic R&M bash in Chicago that will surely be a must-attend for any fans of the show in the Windy City. The July 23 brunch party is bringing a full array of R&M-themed food and drink for its festivities.
The bar in question is Headquarters Beercade, a small chain of craft beer/arcade bars with two locations in Chicago and one in Nashville. On the beer side, the event will be presided over sought-after Indiana beer/heavy metal gods Three Floyds, who will be pouring a variety of selections. Combined with the arcade setting, it seems that Headquarters is trying to replicate their very own spin on Rick’s favorite destination … BLIPS AND CHITZZZZZZ! No word yet on if Roy 2: Dave will be among the games present.
The real fun, though, is in the absurd themed dishes and drinks that Headquarters has crafted for the occasion. They include:
- Concentrated Dark Matter, made with bacon jam, charred mushrooms, caramelized onions, truffles, and sea salt served on toast;
- Eye Holes, made of meatballs in a green tomato sauce with mustard and greens;
- King Jellybean Wings, Cap’n Crunch coated chicken wings with a reduced Jelly Bean sauce.
- Fleeb Juice made with violet liqueur, rosebud syrup, lemon, Hendrick’s gin, and champagne;
- Love Potion Morty-ni’s made with tangerine Red Bull, cream, vanilla, Galliano, and Control pisco.
All we can say to that is: REDUCED JELLY BEAN SAUCE???
The event will also involve a costume contest, and “Virtual Rick-ality” will also be on-site for anyone who wants to partake in the official Rick & Morty virtual reality experience.
Tickets to this epic R&M brunch party are $37, and one has to assume they will sell out fast. You can find more information and snag a ticket here, if you’re lucky.