Fall of Light: Darkest Edition, the action-RPG that graced Steam last year, is coming to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch this month, according to publisher Digerati. The game will be available digitally on Aug. 14 for the Xbox One, Aug. 21 for the PS4 and on Aug. 23 for the Nintendo Switch. A limited-edition physical version is also planned to release on the PS4 in September for $34.99 and will be available from the Play-Asia website.
Fall of Light was developed and released by indie studio RuneHeads in 2017. The Darkest Edition is exclusive to consoles, bringing the game’s original content mixed in with new dungeons, enemies, traps and weapons. Other features include:
- 20 different battle stances: get ready to face hordes of shadowy enemies!
- 10 weapon classes: pick your favorite combo of close-range weapons, crossbows, and shields
- All-new dungeon: complete with new enemies and dangers, exclusive to the Darkest Edition
- Protect Aether: her light pierces the darkness and you are stronger together, so keep her safe!
- Unlock hidden secrets: learn more about the history and lore of Nyx’s world
- Platinum Trophy and 1000G Achievements available respectively for PS4 and Xbox One versions
- Supports the following languages: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese-Brazil, Simplified Chinese, Hungarian
Publisher Digerati describes the game as “inspired by games such as Dark Souls and ICO.” The comparison seems warranted with its tough-as-nails combat, and a story that features a father and his luminescent daughter on a quest to reach the last place on earth touched by sunlight.
You can find out more details about the game by watching the trailer for Fall of Light: The Darkest Edition below.