21 of 25
5. Sindel. How many old women are there in fighting games? Just the one, I think. Sure, she has a Cruella De Vil hair-style and her body and face don't exactly look "old," but it's cool that she exists, given how many old men there are in fighting games across the board.
22 of 25
4. Jade. Jade has been variously depicted as Kitana's childhood friend/bodyguard, as well as an evil character who stays loyal to Shao Kahn until the end—but in every depiction, she's bad-ass as hell. Plus, she originated the razorang weapon, which is one of the coolest ones.
23 of 25
3. D'Vorah. D'Vorah has teal-colored blood, cheap moves, and a slinky bug body—but that's not why she's so high on this list. She's #3 because of her incredible kiss-of-death scene in the MKX campaign. You know the one.
24 of 25
2. Sub-Zero (Original). The original Sub-Zero only appears in the first Mortal Kombat, after which he returns as a ghost/undead/Noob Saibot. So I guess he's on this list twice. Except his first iteration was the most merciless. You might even say he was … ice cold? Yeah. Not even sorry.
25 of 25
1. Mileena. Mileena seems like she plays into every stereotype about super-sexy lady fighters—but then she removes her mask to reveal Baraka-esque fangs and eats the unsuspecting faces of her enemies. I'm disappointed that MKX's story gave Mileena short shrift. Let it be known that she's still the coolest on my list.