11 of 20
10. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) - A formidable character, but probably not worth the effort (and money) it takes to level him up. His Mind Tricks can stop an entire enemy squad in its tracks, though, blocking ability, crippling offense and potentially slowing everyone down. And even in death, he gives his allies a boost.
12 of 20
9. Qui-Gon Jinn - If it weren't for his ability to wipe-out Royal Guard's taunt, he wouldn't be the leader of half of all elite squads. He does high damage and buffs up his allies, but he's as squishy as a Junebug, and Dooku will stun him out of the gate 90% of the time.
13 of 20
8. CT-5555 Fives - "Fives" is tough to kill unless you've got stunners on your team. Because he doesn't taunt, you can leave him for last, but you better have enough left in the tank to kill him. With a serious counter-attack and massive durability, you hope that the AI attacks your own CT-5555 every turn. As many have pointed out, the clone trooper's biggest weakness may be his ugly mug.
14 of 20
7. Yoda - Leveling up Yoda requires leveling up five other Jedi, but it can be worth the effort. Fast he is. And awesome his abilities are. The combination between Masterstroke (stealing an enemy's positive effects) and Battle Meditation (giving Tenacity and every other positive effect he has to his allies) means that you have to try to take him out quickly.
15 of 20
6. Geonosian Soldier - Geonosians are sentient insectoids that live in hives on the planet Geonosis. Why some random winged soldier is so awesome in this game is beyond me, but there's no arguing that a maxed-out Geonosian Soldier is a monster in Galaxy of Heroes. Only Leia is faster, and with his assist-calling ability, that's a double whammy before you can say, "cool-ass-flying-insect warrior."
16 of 20
5. Old Daka - Not everyone would put the oldest and wisest Nightsister in the Top Five, but she's my favorite healer, with the ability to both stun enemies and revive fallen allies. Low damage and durability are certainly knocks, but her usefulness can't be exaggerated. Plus I hear she was quite a beauty in her younger days.
17 of 20
4. Count Dooku - Possibly the best leader in the game, Dooku is essential for defeating Jedi squads and useful in any encounter. His twin abilities to stun and counter make him a pain in the ass to face—he doesn't have a lot of health, but he'll make you pay for attacking.
18 of 20
3. Royal Guard - It's a strange game that makes one of Emperor Palpatine's royal guard way more powerful than Darth Sidious himself, but there are few more valuable characters since the latest update. He's a durable tank that will have attackers guessing how much damage they can afford to inflict without triggering his taunt, plus he has an 80% chance of stunning with each attack. Don't be fooled by how useless he is at lower levels.
19 of 20
2. Princess Leia - Fast, potent and hard-to-kill, Princess Leia is also very difficult (and expensive) to level up. But if you can add her to your team, her stealth and multiple attacks make any squad that includes her the one I'm most likely to avoid in the Arena.
20 of 20
1. Rey - If I can give any piece of advice to a beginner at this game, it's to use every opportunity to level up Rey from Day 1. If you're a free-to-play player like me, it'll take you a good four-and-a-half months to get her to Level 7, but even at Level 6, she'll be the best character in your squad. Pair her with Poggle or Dooku for offensive boosts, and she'll wipe out lesser characters with one Flurry of Blows. And Foresight makes her difficult to kill. I really hope Daisy Ridley plays this game, because her character dominates.