Last month, rapper Pusha-T joined Twin Shadow and Alt-J onstage on Stephen Colbert’s The Late Show to perform a remix of “In Cold Blood” from Alt-J’s 2017 album Relaxer. At the time, it seemed like a pretty random collaboration; it still feels kind of feels that way, actually. On the one hand, the band is influenced by hip-hop music; on the other hand, we didn’t know Pusha-T had any interest in prog-pop collaborations.
Well, now we can give that performance a little context. The British trio announced Tuesday that they will be putting out a new remix album with features from a host of hip-hop artists. “It’s always been a dream of ours to work with hip-hop artists in reimagining our music,” the band explained. “With REDUXER that dream has come true.”
REDUXER, due out Sept. 28, is described as “a set of 11 reinterpretations of songs from the band’s third album, RELAXER, reimagined by a variety of hip-hop artists and producers.” The album will feature collaborations with Goldlink, Pusha, Little Simz, Irish rapper Rejjie Snow and more.
Along with the announcement of the new album, the band has also released a new version of the song “Deadcrush” with new production by The Alchemist and Honduran beatmaker Trooko, and featuring some lyrical heat from Danny Brown. You can listen to the song and get a look at the complete REDUXER tracklist below.
01. “3WW (OTG Version)” (Feat. Little Simz)
02. “In Cold Blood (Twin Shadow Version)” (Feat. Pusha T)
03. “House Of The Rising Sun (Tuka Version)” (Feat. Tuka)
04. “Hit Me Like That Snare (Jimi Charles Moody Version)”
05. “Deadcrush” (Alchemist x Trooko Version)” (Feat. Danny Brown)
06. “Adeline (ADP Version)” (Feat. Paigey Cakey & Hex)
07. “Last Year (Terrace Martin Version)” (Feat. GoldLink)
08. “Pleader (Trooko Version)” (Feat. PJ Sin Suela)
09. “3WW (Lomepal Version)” (Feat. Lomepal)
10. “In Cold Blood (Kontra K Version)” (Feat. Kontra K)
11. “Hit Me Like That Snare (Rejjie Snow Version)” (Feat. Rejjie Snow)