About the Book
About the Author
This is the best time in the history of the music industry to be a musician. For the first time, musicians can build their own career as entrepreneurs. Get an easy to understand overview of touring, distribution, sponsorships, content marketing and publishing while also learning actionable strategies used by many successful indie musicians. If you’re an aspiring musician, songwriter, producer, DJ, or manager and want to build a sustainable income around your music, you need to take the next step and hack the music business.
Dave Kusek, who co-wrote The Future of Music book and started a new era of music education with Berklee Online, brings his 20+ years of experience with indie musicians to help you build a successful career in the music business of today.
- Run your music business like a startup.
- Develop goals and a path to get there.
- Learn proven ways to promote your music.
- Learn how to engage directly with your fans.
- Get more gigs, get more people to your shows, and tour in new cities.
- Record and release your music without a record label.
- Understand music copyrights - the foundation of your music career.
- Incorporate music publishing and licensing into your strategy.
If you want to build a sustainable income around your music you must start thinking of yourself as an entrepreneur, and that is exactly what this book will help you to do. Take the next step in your music career and hack the music business.