About the Book
About the Author
Run your music business like a startup.
This is the best time in the history of the music industry to be a musician. Not convinced?
With so many musicians struggling to get by it’s hard to believe, but with a shift in focus and some creative strategy you can be very successful. For the first time, musicians can build their own career, their own way, just like entrepreneurs by hacking the business. Musicians are no longer the product of record labels. You are the CEO of your own company!
This book will show you how to turn your music career into a business that you can nurture and enjoy. Dave Kusek, who co-wrote The Future of Music book and started a new era of music education with Berklee Online, brings his 20+ years of experience with indie musicians to help you build a successful career in the music business of today.
Get an easy to understand overview of touring, distribution, sponsorships and publishing while also learning actionable strategies used by many successful indie musicians.
- Develop goals and a path to get there.
- Learn proven ways to promote your music.
- Learn how to engage directly with your fans.
- Get more gigs, get more people to your shows, and tour in new cities.
- Record and release your music without a record label.
- Understand music copyrights / the foundation of your music career.
- Incorporate music publishing and licensing into your strategy.
NoiseTrade is a user-generated platform where fans can trade their email addresses for free music and books. All content is provided by users and does not indicate an endorsement from the Paste editorial staff. Create an artist or author account from a desktop or laptop to upload your own content and connect to new fans today.