About the Book
About the Author
This delightful collection of short stories from acclaimed writer, Susan Gabriel (The Secret Sense of Wildflower, a Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2012 and an Amazon #1 bestseller), is rich in humor, as well as mystery and meaning.Whether white or black, living or dead, down home country or upscale urban, Gabriel's characters are quirky, poignant and deep.
- A Gullah woman uses folk magic to cast her latest spell.
- A girl coming-of-age deals with death in 1940s Tennessee.
- A wealthy Savannah matriarch with gastrointestinal issues guards family secrets.
- A good ol' boy observes himself shortly after his death.
- An agoraphobic woman strikes up a unique friendship with the girl across the street.
- A band of seventy-year-olds finds healing in a mountain stream.
- And more.
Written in the tradition of Flannery O'Connor and Eudora Welty, the eight short stories in Grace, Grits and Ghosts: Southern Short Stories are all rooted in the southern landscape--from the steamy coast of Georgia, to the current day Atlanta suburbs, to the ancient Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina. Pull up a rocker on the front porch, take a sip of your sweet iced tea and lose yourself in these original stories of soulful southerners and their sultry landscape.
NoiseTrade is a user-generated platform where fans can trade their email addresses for free music and books. All content is provided by users and does not indicate an endorsement from the Paste editorial staff. Create an artist or author account from a desktop or laptop to upload your own content and connect to new fans today.