Welcome to that Friday feeling!
In the autumn of 2016, John & Sofie set out to produce "Johns veranda" - a little bit like Swedish hit TV series Jills veranda, but filmed on John's veranda in Sälen, Sweden! There was music, guest artists, and interviews, plus some great scenery from the hill. Every Friday night a new episode was released on http://bit.ly/2iHM5iy. The release was then followed by a live broadcast onhttps://www.facebook.com/johnandsofiemusic. which was followed by a live concert on https://www.periscope.tv/johnandsofie.
There were 15 episodes of Johns veranda in total, and to wrap the whole thing up with a nice red bow on top: here are all 15 audio tracks from the veranda! Enjoy, and see you again on the veranda! :)
Recorded entirely live on Johns veranda in Sälen, Sweden, with our Olympus Recorder (except Baby it's cold tonight and Rise with the River: recorded by Emil Sjölin).
Mixed and mastered by Emil Sjölin.
Guest artists on the veranda:
Annica Sillars https://www.facebook.com/annicasillarsmusic/
Ulf Nygårds https://youtu.be/Q9IwGFslSC0
The Major Seconds http://themajorseconds.com/
1) Spencer the Rover (trad.)
2) True Colors (Billy Steinberg and Tom Kelly)
3) Devil went down to Georgia (Charlie Daniels, Tom Crain, "Taz" DiGregorio, Fred Edwards, Charles Hayward, James W. Marshall)
4) Hey Brother (Salem Al Fakir, Tim Bergling, Veronica Maggio, Vincent Pontare, Ash Pournouri)
5) Islands in the Stream (Barry, Robin and Maurice Gibb)
6) Leaving Carolina (John Lindsay Mitchell)
7) September (Ann-Sofie Jonsson)
8) I'll be here in the Morning (Townes Van Zandt)
9) Stockholm (Jason Isbell, Swedish words by Ann-Sofie Jonsson)
10) Baby it's cold tonight (Ann-Sofie Jonsson)
11) Rise with the River (John Lindsay Mitchell)
12) Rover (rolling home) (John Lindsay Mitchell)
13) Lindsay's Waltz (Ann-Sofie Jonsson) & Magruder's Pause (John Lindsay Mitchell)
14) Song of the Firth (John Lindsay Mitchell and George Gunn)
15) When you Wish upon a Star (Leigh Harline and Ned Washington)