Grocery shopping is a necessary evil in everyday life for many of us. We all want to be able to cook and eat, but the part where we pick up the groceries? That bit’s pretty dull. While these apps won’t magically perform the task for you, they will give you great ways of streamlining the process and ensuring that you don’t forget anything along the way.
Here’s our picks for the ten essential grocery shopping apps for iPhone and iPad.
1 of 10
1. AnyList (Free) - Need to organize your grocery list a little better amongst a few of you? AnyList is the solution. It means you can create a list of items that need picking up from the store, and you can instantly share them with your family or roommates, all through this great app. Multiple lists can be formed, and items can be added using Siri, saving you plenty of effort.
2 of 10
2. Fooducate (Free) - Knowing what you're eating is as important as knowing how much it costs. Fooducate helps you learn just how nutritious the items in your shopping basket really are, giving each item a grade between A and D. It'll suggest healthier alternatives too, as well as track the quality of your calories, not just the quantity. It's the ideal nutritional assistant.
3 of 10
3. Grocery iQ (Free) - Part grocery list app, part barcode scanner, Grocery iQ does it all. An extensive database means it's easy to find products and you can use such knowledge to seek out relevant coupons too. Favorite items can be put aside, and you can even customize package types and weight to ensure you get the best deal.
4 of 10
4. Pantry Manager ($3.99) - Keeping an eye on what's going on in your pantry, Pantry Manager means you always know what food you have, what's about to expire, and even if you need more batteries soon. Alongside that, there's coupon functionality here, and you can even take photos of your food so you know exactly what you're looking for. Syncing with the rest of the household is a breeze, too.
5 of 10
5. Paprika Recipe Manager ($4.99) - Not just a recipe management tool, Paprika Recipe Manager gives you an intelligent grocery list feature, enabling you to automatically combine items and sort them by aisle. There's a pantry feature too, to ensure you can keep track of what you have and what you need. Meal planning is an effective way to keep your grocery shopping down.
6 of 10
6. RedLaser (Free) - Primarily a price comparison app for more than just groceries, RedLaser makes it easy for you to see if you're getting the best price for something. You scan a barcode and the app finds you the best price, either locally or online. Alongside that, you can search for coupons and deals, as well as check out nutritional facts, and find store locations.
7 of 10
7. Shopkick (Free) - Aiming to save you plenty of money, Shopkick offers plenty of deals for stores such as Target and Best Buy. That might not sound exceptionally original, but it's backed up by a very cool feature. You can gain reward points just for walking in a store. Do that enough times and you can gain rewards, such as gift cards. It's a useful slow burning way of saving money.
8 of 10
8. Shopping Pro ($1.99) - Another grocery shopping list app that makes it easy to sync content between other users, Shopping Pro has the edge because you can also use it to import/export your lists to a PC thanks to its CSV support. For those who want to be extra organized, it's a great feature. You can choose to print directly from the app too.
9 of 10
9. ShopWell (Free) - Focusing on helping you keep to your dietary needs, ShopWell makes it easier to scan barcodes and find out if they're a good match for your requirements. Whether those requirements are a vegetarian diet, or to avoid allergens such as gluten and lactose, this app will save you having to look through the labels yourself. It's clearly laid out too.
10 of 10
10. Smart Shopping List (Free) - Offering multiple lists, as well as the ability to assign aisles to various items, Smart Shopping List is ideal for the organized shopper. You can set a budget, meaning you can easily see where you're overspending, plus you can arrange notifications for when items are about to go past their sell by date.