Alfred Hitchcock wasn’t just one of the greatest directors of all time; he was also one of the film world’s most reliable founts of wit and wisdom. In honor of Universal Studios Home Entertainment releasing the coolest Hitchcock box set ever (15 films, including 13 never before available on Blu-ray, over 15hours of documentaries on the films, and much more), we bring you the The 20 Best Alfred Hitchcock Quotes with 20 great photos to match.
1 of 20
20. â€œI'm a writer and, therefore, automatically a suspicious character.â€
2 of 20
19. â€œThe more successful the villain, the more successful the picture.â€
3 of 20
18. "The only way to get rid of my fears is to make films about them."
4 of 20
17. "In feature films the director is God; in documentary films God is the director."
5 of 20
16. â€œDialogue should simply be a sound among other sounds, just something that comes out of the mouths of people whose eyes tell the story in visual terms.â€
6 of 20
15. â€œI'm a typed director. If I made Cinderella, the audience would immediately be looking for a body in the coach.â€
7 of 20
14. â€œFear isn't so difficult to understand. After all, weren't we all frightened as children? Nothing has changed since Little Red Riding Hood faced the big bad wolf. What frightens us today is exactly the same sort of thing that frightened us yesterday
8 of 20
13. â€œThe length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.â€
9 of 20
12. â€œIf I won't be myself, who will?â€
10 of 20
11. â€œDrama is life with the dull parts left out.â€