[BASIC INFO] [FAQ] [APPLY NOW]
Paste offers internships in our editorial, marketing/social media, design, and multimedia departments. Internships are offered year-round to both current students and recent graduates. A one-time $500 stipend will be provided to interns in the Georgia and New York offices for moving expenses (but not for remote interns).
• EDITORIAL: Interns are primarily responsible for assisting Paste’s editorial staff with the day-to-day tasks of running the website. These include writing and editing, as well as administrative tasks such as assessing the CDs we receive each week. Basic HTML skills are a plus but not required. Please include any specific sections you are interested in applying for in your cover letter (Music, Movies, TV, Games, Comedy, Politics, Books, Comics & Drink)
• MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA: Interns work with Paste’s marketing and sales team, helping execute ad campaigns, contests, brand partnerships and external marketing. Social-media interns help manage all of Paste's social media platforms. The marketing/advertising internship is based in New York, and the social-media internship is based in Decatur, Ga.
• DESIGN: Interns are responsible for the creation of effective and impactful design for the website and other special projects. Interns primarily work closely with Paste’s marketing and business team as well as the editorial team to create infographics, content for the digital magazine, advertising materials, festival promotion and photography. This position requires proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator and Photoshop. Applicants with their own copies of the Adobe Creative Suite are preferred. Experience with illustration and web design is a plus.
In addition to specific department-related tasks, all interns assist with daily activities such as Post Office and office supply/grocery store runs, as well as maintaining general office organization and tidiness. All interns work closely with members of their respective departments and are encouraged to participate in creative collaboration with members of the staff throughout their time at Paste.
All internships are full time (30-40 hrs per week), with some part-time slots available. Start and end dates are flexible to coincide with school schedules. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation to and from the Paste office in downtown Decatur, Georgia (accessible via the Decatur and Avondale MARTA stops). Paste interns (except remote interns) will receive a one-time $500 moving stipend.
Applications for internships are taken on a rolling basis up until the following deadlines:
• Please Note: Deadline for Summer 2019 internships (May through August, or as school schedule allows) is March 29.
Emailed applications must be received by 11:59 PM on the day of the deadline. Applications sent via snail mail must be postmarked by the deadline. No applications received after the deadline or postmarked after the deadline will be considered.
All applicants should submit a resume in addition to a cover letter listing previous relevant experience and addressing the following questions:
• What are your career goals?
• Why do you want to intern with Paste?
• What do you hope to get out of your internship experience?
All applicants should address cover letters to Scott Russell.
Editorial applicants, please include three examples of your writing, preferably published clips. Design applicants, please include five recent examples of your print and/or graphic design work, or a link to a portfolio.
Please note: Clips should be attached as .doc, .rtf or .pdf file types. Images should be attached as .jpg or .gif file types. Links to web-based clips are accepted.
Application materials may be emailed to email@example.com or sent via snail mail to:
PO Box 1606
Decatur, GA 30031
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions not answered by the FAQs.
[BASIC INFO] [FAQ] [APPLY NOW]