Hurry and Snag One of These Last-Minute Labor Day DealsPhoto: John Tlumacki/The Boston Globe via Getty Images Travel News
Labor Day is this weekend, and, if you don’t want to end up at the family barbecue with Uncle Jack and his unbuttoned Tommy Bahama shirt, talking about Donald Trump over brats, then consider snagging one of these last-minute trips for the holiday.
Use the promo code “LABOR2016” to get $30 off on Labor Day bookings on lastminutetravel.com.
– Hotels in Vegas start at $21/night.
– Cancun rates begin at $30/night.
– Even London, England’s offering hotels at $77/night.
Expedia analyzed prices of hotels in cities across the U.S. and found Phoenix and Austin, Texas have the best Labor Day deals, offering up to 30% off. The following cities offering hotel savings at 25% include: New Orleans, Detroit, Cape Cod and Chicago.
Hotels.com has hotels starting at 50% off, and, using the booking code “LASTCHANCE” will give another 10% off.
– 5-Star hotels in Vegas averaging $200/night.
– 3-Star hotels on Oahu averaging $255/night.
– Renown San Diego hotel, The Sofia Inn, starts at $125/night.
DealBase and American Airlines are offering discounted Labor Day flights, with more than 100 routes starting at $118.
– Cleveland to Chicago for $118 r/t.
– LA to Vegas for $118 r/t.
– Dallas to New Orleans for $156 r/t.
Thanks to CheapOAir, there’s an assortment of international last-minute flights.
– New York to Toronto start at $231 r/t.
– Flights from NYC or Boston to Aruba are going for $735 r/t.
– Travelers from Boston can reach Montreal for $347 r/t.
– Get to LA to Quito for a mere $588 r/t.
– If you’re feeling a crazy international weekend — where half of your trip will be spent in an airplane — then fly from San Francisco to Beijing for a pinch more than $600 r/t.
Tom is a travel writer, part-time hitchhiker, and he’s currently trying to imitate Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? but with more sunscreen and jorts.